The Maintenance department is responsible for the care and upkeep of the entire building, ensuring that all areas of the building are in full working order at all times. This team is also responsible for all aspects of proactive and preventative maintenance programmes. Guest care and service is at the forefront of all tasks undertaken.
As a Duty Engineer you will assist with responding to all reactive maintenance of our guest rooms, public and back of house areas in our hotel ensuring our guests receive the excellent level of service during their stay with us.
Main responsibilities of the Duty Engineer:
- Outstanding customer care at all times
- Maintain a high standard of guest room repairs, ensuring high levels of attention to detail and professionalism whilst respecting guest privacy
- Regular tasks such as basic plumbing duties, fixtures, fittings and equipment repair and replacement
- Advise when replacement items need to be ordered
- Hands on skills ensuring all services, systems, fixtures and fittings are maintained in perfect working order.
- Carry out effective planned preventative maintenance regimes
- Comply with all relevant H&S regulations.
- Carry out quality checks
- Ensure safe working
Desired skills and experience
- a commitment to delivering high levels of guest service and cleanliness
- a smart and professional appearance
- a positive attitude and good command of the English language due to guest interaction
- the enthusiasm to be part of a winning team
- previous maintenance experience will be an advantage
- on the job training
- 28 days’ paid holiday during each holiday year including Bank holidays
- Company pension scheme and critical illness cover after qualifying period
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Uniform and free laundry service for most positions
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- £200 for recommending someone into the organisation
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family
- Range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Free staff social events
- Discounted gym membership
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Helpline for you and your family
- Access to exclusive discounts on My Arora Benefits portal giving you access to discounts and promotional offers