We are an original group of restaurants who truly believe in bringing unique experiences to our customers!
Our aim is to provide high quality, unusual, fresh ingredients, all served by our passionate team.
We currently have 3 restaurants and our ambition is to be London’s best steakhouse.
In our eyes, there are only two things that can make a restaurant successful; high quality food and drink and being surrounded by great people - both working in the restaurant as well as visiting.
Goodman is an American Style Steakhouse based in London known for its quality American and British steaks which are aged in our on-site aging rooms and notable wine list.
Our teams are well known for being friendly, enthusiastic & dynamic, and we pride ourselves on delivering a balance of knowledgeable service with warm personable hospitality.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join the team and share the love of delivering the highest level of customer service at all times.
About the Host/Receptionist role
- Full time as required by the operation
- Taking reservations over the phone at site, liaising with our reservations office and maintaining the reservations system
- Meeting and Greeting guests and communicating waiting times
- Organising the table layout and regulating seating times
- Assist the team in preparing the tables to ensure maximum turnover
- Acknowledging guests’ feedback
- Building and maintaining good rapport with regular guests
- Maintaining excellent communication with other departments of the restaurant
We are ideally looking for Host/Receptionist candidates who are:
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Receptionist/Host role
- Excellent communication skills and be confident in the way you interact with people
- Well spoken with an excellent telephone manner and impeccable English
- Experience using an online booking system (Quandoo or Open Table would be an advantage but not essential)
- As the first point of contact for our customers it is crucial you are able to remain calm under pressure and are polite to all members of the public.
If you would like to be part of our amazing team then please email us today with your CV and tell us why you stand from the rest!
Please note: Due to the location of our restaurant, you will be required to work on a shift basis divided between daytimes, evenings and weekends.
*Due to a high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted for interview/voluntary trial shift*
All applicants will be required to prove that they are legally allowed to work in the United Kingdom.
- Very Competitive salary package
- An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and skills
- 20 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company pension
- A wide range of benefits from cycle loan scheme, discounted health and fitness benefits and exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants and more
- Yearly Staff party, team activities & staff incentives
- This is a great opportunity to join a Group with a family culture which to believe in people who want to achieve greatness!
The Company’s benefits programme is intended to provide employees with opportunities to improve their quality of life and well-being within the workplace.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job