Host Family Welfare Officer & Sales Assistant
Salary: Starting salary £16,000 + Mileage
No of hours: 35 hours a week
My client The Language Training Co. is expanding rapidly and is looking for a highly motivated and professional person with a variety of skills, which can be applied in various areas of the company. They are seeking a Host Family Visitor to work alongside their Accommodation Team in Bournemouth, and you are required to provide exceptional customer service to their Host Families when vetting their homes.
Ideally, you should have customer service and sales experience, are confident in dealing with Host Family, and are able to build great rapport with their clients. Within this role you will also undertake hours in their office completing admin responsibilities, as well as visiting potential clients and recruit new providers, which will help them to launch an exciting new venture.
You will therefore assist in promoting new courses and programmes, and take on duties of a Sales assistant. As a customer service oriented person, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction will be your highest priority, achieved through excellent administration skills, excellent communication and willingness to go the extra mile.
The ideal candidate will have
- Clean driving licence and own car
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Customer service skills
- Sales and marketing experience
- An approachable and friendly disposition
- High working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, Word and Access
- Eye for detail & Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage and create exceptional rapport with clients and providers
- Professional and presentable manner
- Proactive, passionate, and able to work independently
- A passion for languages, travel, and cultural exploration
- Ability to multitask in a busy and fast paced working environment
- High level of English
Roles and responsibilities
- Portrait a positive and professional image of The Language Training Co. at all times when dealing with our Host Families, Students, providers, and clients.
- Responsibility for the welfare of under-18s, sometimes unsupervised when transferring students from one family to another
- Select and visit Host Families to ensure sufficient supply for all seasonal requirements of the business.
- Ensure all Host Families meet above average requirements for the students allocated to them.
- Regularly inspected Host Families according to the British Council or company regulations.
- Moving students physically for the welfare and wellbeing and because of customer complaints/feedback. This includes out of hours moving of students.
- Greeting New Arrivals (individual students and groups), as and when required
- "Waving Goodbye" to departure buses. This will include some late departures.
- Working Saturdays/Sundays and Bank Holidays as required by the company. Working flexible hours to meet the needs of the department and the company.
- Cover for absent colleagues as necessary
- Updating records on database to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide updates to manager on each visit to assess suitability
- Liaising with host families and students regarding any problems
- Carrying out all reasonable instructions of the Management Team.
- Build and maintain good working professional relationships with internal colleagues in support of recruitment and sales activities, sharing information, ideas, product knowledge and good practice including central admissions team etc.
My client is very committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of under-18s and expects their employees to share our ethos. They see it as their duty to rigorously check any potential employees to ensure that they are fully suited to working in an environment where they will come into regular contact with under-18s. References will be followed up. All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily. Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required. Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the candidate should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Apply for this role with your current CV and covering letter.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Business Development
- Student Welfare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job