To provide a high quality porter service to Trust service providers and users, staff and visitors, undertaking the movement of post, laundry, equipment, documentation, waste, supplies etc. in an efficient and safe manner around the site and geographical area.
• The collection and delivery of furniture, linen, medical gases, medical records, pharmacy boxes, specimens, blood products, post, clinical and non-clinical waste, medical equipment and supplies, food and any other items, using appropriate methods of work as directed.
• Maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the waste compounds, vehicles, equipment and porter/courier areas
• Ensure correct and appropriate use of communication equipment at all times in compliance with the local guidelines and procedures.
• Drive in accordance with on-site restrictions, speed and statutory regulations. Ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and safe before, during and after use, and complete relevant documentation within the prescribed frequencies.
• The safe storage, transport and maintenance of appropriate stock, medical gases and supplies and to ensure that these are available as required within the designated areas.
• The collection, safe removal and, where appropriate, the recording of non-clinical and clinical waste within your area of work, in line with Company procedures and Trust policies.
• Where required sort and frank mail in line with postal service guidelines and Company and Trust policies and procedures.
• Respond to ad hoc requests in a safe and timely manner following Company procedures.
• Routine external litter picking, gritting as directed by Management.
• Assist and take direction in the event of any fire / major accident or incident.
Previous experience is not essential. This role involves some periods of intense activity/effort including pushing, pulling, and standing.