Our client is opening a newly refurbished 12 bed independent hospital, providing specialist inpatient treatment for Children and Adolescent with Mental Health and Learning Disability in Spring 2018.
The hospital will provide a specialist Low Secure environment for young people aged 13-18 years and will consist of a 7 day, 24 hour service fully supported by a Senior Management Team and multi-disciplinary specialist clinicians on site and a school.
We are now looking to appoint a Hospital Director to lead the team to deliver our purpose to make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support. You will lead from the front by building a culture that supports our values and puts the people we care for at the centre of what we do. Supported by the team on site and the wider group, you will be accountable for ensuring the operational, financial and regulatory compliance needs of the hospital are met.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to start at the beginning of April to oversee the set of the service before it officially opens. You will be a qualified clinician, senior management professional and ideally have CAMHS experience.
The Successful Candidate
- Qualified clinician
- Ability to handle ambiguity within the organisation but continue to lead the team
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills essential.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Passionate about continuous improvement with a demonstrated track record in organisation change.
- The ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
- Extensive experience working at a senior level; preferably within a similar setting.
- Commissioning of new services
- Seasoned leader, with operational and financial planning experience
- Experience of commercial accountability for cost control and financial performance
- Experience of making informed decisions sometimes in difficult circumstances
- Experience of leading a diverse team
- Extensive managerial & leadership experience with a thorough understanding of developing services for health care
- Strong track record of innovation and making changes to the operation to further improve the work environment and site performance