Why choose Braintree District Council?
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach that is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Salary: £17,952- £18,936 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
We have vacancies for Horticultural Operatives to join our current successful teams to help keep our District looking clean and green by undertaking a range of grounds maintenance activities to contribute to improving the well-being and quality of life for residents and visitors in the District.
The roles are highly visible and you will be required to carry out a range of horticultural tasks, including operating mechanical and manual grass cutting and hedge cutting machines, initial sports field marking, shrub and flower bed maintenance and litter picking.
The successful applicants will be self-motivated, conscientious and enthusiastic and used to working in an outdoor environment, using their own initiative. You will hold a current driving licence, be positive, with a flexible approach, keen to learn new skills to provide and maintain high levels of performance.
We are looking for candidates with:
* The ability to work outdoors in all weathers together with the ability to walk, bend, kneel and stand for long periods of time and perform heavy lifting if needed.
* Flexibility & willingness to be involved in all aspects of horticulture.
* Working knowledge of grounds maintenance equipment and maintenance of sports fields.
* Ideally a qualification or training in horticulture, grounds maintenance, landscaping or another relevant subject.
* Have an understanding of health & safety, including manual handling and risk assessments.
* Strong customer skills, polite and helpful to the public at all times.
* A keen interest in the environment with particular reference to a clean and tidy environment.
* A full clean driving licence together with a willingness to undertake training to drive 7.5 tonne vehicles, if required.
If you would like an informal chat about the post, please contact Rick Sargeant on .
To apply, please visit the Current Vacancies section at www.braintree.gov.uk and apply online
(Please do not click apply on the Working for Essex page, as your application will not come through to Braintree District Council)
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 9th April 2018
Interview dates: 16th & 17th April 2018
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job