An enthusiastic, innovative and self-motivated person is required for a key role at Morgan Motor Company Manufacturing Limited.
The Company: Located in Malvern, West Midlands, Morgan Motor Company Manufacturing Limited is an innovative British sport car manufacturer; they have operated in a niche automotive sector since their launch in 1909.The Role: Working within our engineering design team supporting new product homologation, ensuring designs meet required regulation. Liaising with homologation authorities such as the VCA & Idiada organising required tests and submitting correct paperwork. Generation of homologation and test plans meaning SOP dates can be met. Ensuring all certification is maintained for current product, meeting COP requirements. Main duties:
- Managing all homologation paperwork and certification.
- Ensuring that all vehicle specifications comply with existing legislation in all chosen markets.
- Ensuring that management is fully informed about forthcoming changes in legislation which may impact existing vehicle type approvals.
- Formulating, publishing and communicating timing schedules related to legislation led design changes.
- Communicating with VCA, other similar agencies, and agents working on our behalf.
- Attending all relevant SMMT meetings and feeding back to management.
- Testing (MIRA etc)
- Assisting Sales & Marketing with Certificates of Production and Certificates of Conformity.
- A proven ability to review documentation feeding content back in to a team allowing for clear understanding.
- A track record showing a good understanding of the process that should be followed during the homologation process.
- A proven ability of the control of documentation and completion of documentation to high standards.
- The ability to work with external organisations, ensuring clear understanding of programme requirements.
- The ability to negotiate fair programme cost for the homologation of vehicles.
- Good understanding of the EC SSTA approvals.
- Engineering Degree (preferably Automotive or Mechanical) or a substantial track record in the homologation certification process.
- An experienced quality manager would also be considered for this role.
Terms, Conditions and Benefits:
- Salary to be negotiated
- 37.5 hour week (flexi time scheme)
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- BUPA health insurance
- Automotive Industry
- Engineering Discipline
- Regulatory Approvals
- Legislative Issues