A opportunity has arisen for a Homeownership Services Officer with a leading Housing Association based in their new head office in Covent Garden. You will be collecting rent and service charges, managing defects, managing repairs and estates, lease extensions and providing an excellent tenancy experience to leaseholders.
A Registered Provider who operates across England, providing homes for affordable housing and shared ownership. This is a start up Housing Association who has gone from strength to strength and has an impressive acquisitions level. They are seeking an individual with leasehold experience to join their established Home-ownership team.
The key responsibilities:
- Provide a customer-focused services to manage homeowner queries
- Welcome new residents to the service, ensuring any issues are resolved and provide a high quality customer experience
- Use resident feedback to identify common issues and develop plans to meet their customer needs
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service providers
- Provide regular communication to residents and resolve their queries at a high standard, including covenant breaches and anti-social-behaviour
- Ensuring properties are maintained by liaising with contractors, diagnosing and managing repairs and be responsible for making sure repairs are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Ensure communal areas and neighbourhoods are clean and well maintained, you may be asked to manage cleaners or caretakers
- Manage the work of the contractors and seek feedback upon completion
- Manage and monitor a repairs budget
- Collect rent and service charges and manage service charge accounts, referring cases for legal action where appropriate
- Process staircasing, remortgage and lease extension applications
The successful candidate
- Knowledge of the affordable housing sector and an expert understanding of Leasehold management
- Experience preparing year end accounts in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of housing management systems.
- Organised and efficient worker.
- Ability to work independently, whilst being comfortable asking for help or guidance when needed
- You are self-driven, accountable and embrace change and opportunity.
- You are pro-active and take a creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving
- You are decisive whilst working at a quick pace.
- You have a natural customer focus and it is a consideration in all that you do.
- You are self-assured and tenacious as a lot of what you'll be doing will be following up with colleagues and/or third parties such as management companies or developers.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an established Homeownership Team within a reputable Registered Landlord. This is a permanent contract paying a competitive salary of £30,000 -£34,000 and an excellent benefits package.
- "Homeownership" "homeowner" "leasehold" "Customer Service" "Defects" "Social Housing"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'