Our client, based in Cumbria, is currently recruiting for a Homelessness Consultant on a temporary contract for Six Months. Our client is in a beautiful part of the district and they offer very flexible rates.
The position is due to start in immediately and is for 37 hours Monday to Friday, the client offers flexible working.
This role is to review processes within a Housing Options Team to ensure they are in line with Homelessness Reduction Act.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of Homelessness Reduction Act and made Section 202 Decisions.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Reviewing and assessing if homeless applicants need emergency accommodation or arranging future appointments
* Ensuring that the team meet the requirements involved with the Homelessness Reduction Act
* Investigating cases of homelessness and interviewing people threatened with homelessness
* Assessing homeless applications and making s184 decisions and S202 decisions
* Work closely with external agencies
* Recommend changes needed within the team in order to fall in line with Homelessness Reduction Requirements
* Look at current action plans in place and review how they can be adapted
* Ensure that the reviews carried out are completed correctly
* Oversee the Temporary Accommodation Hostels
If you know of someone who might be interested in this position please pass on our contact details.
* Section 202 Decisions
* Knowledge of The Homelessness Reduction Act
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role
- section 202
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job