Homeless Support Worker
MMP Consultancy are currently working with a client to recruit a Homeless Support Worker on a permanent basis in Peterborough.
The client provides accommodation, social support and education, with the mission to help end homelessness, improve lives and build for a better future. Their aim is to help service users live independently within their community and maintain their licence agreement with the view of gaining their own long-term tenancy. The key to this role is putting the tenants first.
The chosen candidate will receive a bonus when they find a new suitable property as well as the potential for the salary to be reviewed every year.
The role will involve recognising and assessing the individual needs of the tenants. The chosen candidate will be taught to identify any barriers that may prevent the individual from living a stable, productive and health life. This may include, but not limited to:
* Alcohol or drug misuse
* Anti-social behaviour
* Emotional requirements
* Learning difficulties
* Recognise and assess the individual needs of the tenant
* Identify any barriers that may prevent the individual from living a stable, productive and healthy life. This may include, but not limited to, alcohol or drug misuse, anti-social behaviour, emotional requirements and learning difficulties
* Assess the clients needs on an individual, personalised basis, ensuring that the measures put in place are the correct ones
* Meet with each induvial on a one-to-one basis to make sure that their needs are being met and every one of the customers are being treated with the utmost dignity and respect, with an emphasis on choice, control and independence
* Offer support, advice and guidance with any problems they may be experiencing in every aspect of day-to-day living. This may include maintaining health, safety and security, managing finances, cooking cleaning and shopping, dealing with correspondence, developing hobbies and interests, enrolling service users in free training courses, finding work, socialising and community involvement and building positive relationships
* Provide advocacy and direct support in relation to social care and health services with the aim to improve outcomes for clients within the service and by enhancing their ability to make use of external community and statutory resources
Key Knowledge & Experience:
* Experience of working with rough sleepers or people with complex mental health, alcohol or substance use support needs
* Good understanding of the health and social care sector
* Experience of liaising with external multi-agencies
* Be resilient, innovative, flexible and have a commitment working collaboratively using various internal frameworks and methods
* Enhanced DBS checks
* Clean driving licence and own vehicle
* Peterborough based
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'