Homeless Recovery Worker
Permanent Full Time - 37 Hours Per Week
Salary: £19,820 progressing to £22,022
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of a team to provide support to our homeless clients. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of a Homeless Recovery Worker
- You will have your own caseload of clients to manage and will work with them on a one to one basis. You will identify their needs by listening to them and put together a client needs assessment and manage risks.
- Carrying out housing management duties such as collecting service charges at various locations
- Covering Health and Safety duties at various locations
- Support to move clients on from accommodation services to suitable accommodation options
- You will mediate and or negotiate with existing housing providers to help prevent homelessness
- You will help and support individuals by providing advice on housing, welfare benefits, rent deposits and household goods via a variety of schemes.
- You will help clients with the practicalities of moving to new accommodation, such as contacting energy suppliers
- You will encourage individuals to develop practical skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, personal health and hygiene
- Carrying out drop in sessions at designated locations.
- Liaise with colleges, training agencies, employers to help clients to gain access to education, find work or maintain their benefit entitlement
- Advise client on appropriate agencies to contact i.e. debt and housing issues
- Travel and cover services across a geographical patch as and when required
- Any other reasonable duties required in the interest of the organisation
We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight, for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Choice & Control - We support clients to make informed life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Openness & Honesty- We positively welcome people with a background of homelessness and value applications of lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services. Once successful for this role, you will need to provide an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Equality & Diversity -We are an inclusive organisation, a diverse team of individuals working together to provide a better future for those in need. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or social background.
Attributes & Values
Previous experience in this sector is not essential but you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for wanting to work with vulnerable people in the homeless sector. Our values will be aligned to your own ethics and ideals and you will be committed to changing the life of others for the better.
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
- Flexible approach to what is required from the role
Please be aware you will be required to work on a rolling rota basis with shifts between 08:00 am and 08:00 pm, including weekends. Use of your own car for business purposes is essential and you must have flexibility to work at other projects, if required.
Closing Date: 17th November 2019
Interview Date: 26th November 2019
All applications must be made directly via the Two Saints website
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'