Umbrella rate: £14.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Homeless Officer on a 2 month contract. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
As a Homeless Prevention Officer based in Rhyl, it will be your responsibility to deliver services to households in housing need in compliance with Housing (Wales) Act 2014 and Supporting People initiative. You will deal with initial housing advice enquiries by providing housing advice and/or by discussing the housing options available to them in order to prevent homelessness wherever possible and respond to identified housing needs.
Previous experience of housing options, advice or solutions role and a good understanding of the Welsh Housing Act of 2014, as well as detailed knowledge and experience of Welfare Rights, debt, mediation, negotiation and supporting Vulnerable Adults are highly desirable.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and information on housing options to the public.
- Carrying out assessment of need. Devise support plans to prevent homelessness. Produce and maintain detailed case records.
- Prepare and submit all relevant documentation to the Council's Legal Department in relation to reviews of homeless decisions, evictions from temporary accommodation, recovery of debts.
- Provide a home visiting service to eligible service users in order to give support and guidance, provide practical help and inspect living conditions.
- Attend and participate in regular Homeless Prevention Team meetings and work with the team to provide an effective service.
- Assist service users in a sensitive way and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Previous experience of housing options, advice or solutions role and a good understanding of the Welsh Housing Act of 2014, as well as detailed knowledge and experience of Welfare Rights, debt, mediation, negotiation and supporting Vulnerable Adults are highly desirable. Good knowledge of homelessness prevention and the public and private sector options available to people in housing need.
- Good knowledge the issues affecting homeless or households threatened with homelessness and the range of policy initiatives to address these.
- Ability To Manage Workload And Motivate Self And Others
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines using initiative to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver own workload.
- Resilience, to cope with difficult situations and challenging clients
- Good knowledge of housing options, opportunities, training & employment, wellbeing, welfare benefits and debt.
- Experience Of Working With Homeless People
- Communication And Interpersonal Skills
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Housing Act
- Data Protection
- Vulnerable Adults
- Welfare rights
- Homeless Prevention
- Housing options
- Homeless Officer
- Case record
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job