Nurse Plus are looking for Passionate, Caring and reliable Domiciliary workers to join our established care agency in the Teignbridge area.
The areas that we currently have domiciliary rounds are; Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and Dawlish.
As a Domiciliary worker you will be providing care in peoples own homes assisting our service users to live full, interesting lives but still staying within the comfort of their own home. You will assist service users with their general health and personal care needs within the comfort of their own home.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine desire to work in care. You must have a caring attitude and a positive, sociable disposition, be passionate about helping the vulnerable, be respectful towards others, have excellent communication skills and know exactly when you should listen and when you need to step in and help. You must be fully flexible to work within the domiciliary care environment and it goes without saying that you have great attention to detail and always remain calm under pressure
The domiciliary care workers role will include
- Companionship - To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests. You’ll get to know the people you’re caring for and understand exactly what they want and need, helping them achieve things that they wouldn’t be able to do by themselves, allowing them to live independently.
- Personal care - To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support plan using a person centred approach and in the least intrusive way.
- Medication support.
- Be reliable, compassionate, honest and patient.
- To encourage the independence and motivation of the Client and not foster dependent behaviour.
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan.
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Clients.
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the Client, whilst respecting the Client’s choice and right. By listening and understanding, you’ll treat all our customers with dignity, patience and compassion, developing relationships based on trust and reassurance.
- Flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
In return, we offer
- Competitive pay rates and full in depth training.
- Additional and ongoing training specific to clients needs.
- FREE DBS * T&C Apply
- Paid Holiday (Accrued as you work)
- Auto enrolment in to our NEST pension
- FREE Uniform after completion of training
- Full time hours available.
- Staff Lottery & Plus Points Scheme
* DBS will be refunded through salary after completion of 100 hours within 3 months
If you are passionate about promoting people’s choices & independence, we’d Love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job