To manage pre void inspections, day to day property and block inspections, diagnosing basic property repairs, dealing with breaches of leases and enforcing lease obligations
2. Managing of arrears, court attendance, and minimising debts, including maximising the collection of rent, service charges, ground rent, rent and conventional leasehold properties for current customers and minimise former customer debts, in line with policies, procedures and targets.
3. Use the housing management systems to monitor, identify and recover arrears of rent and service charges for shared ownership, in order to achieve income targets
4. Attend and present evidence at Court on behalf of the Association and produce and serve Notices to ensure that arrears target levels are achieved. Attend evictions with Court Officials.
5. Conduct monthly block/scheme inspections of shared ownership, leaseholder, market rent, and key worker schemes ensuring that the reporting and completion of repairs is undertaken to a high standard and in timescale.
6. Arrange communal repairs where necessary; making suitable recommendations on required works, liaise with Property Services in respect of cyclical, routine maintenance, major works, and sinking funds ensuring works are of a good standard and completed to timescale.
7. Attend and chair resident group meetings for leaseholders and shared owners.
8. Manage the administration of service charge accounts, including consultation with residents and leaseholders and respond to requests for information. Ensuring it is in compliance with Section 20 or the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 as requested.
9. Liaise with Income and Compliance Manager over the re-sale of shared ownership properties, including responding to solicitor enquiries within set timescales.
10. Respond to customers' requests for permissions and liaise as necessary Income and Compliance Manager with Property Services to ensure the plans and proposed works comply with the relevant regulations and any administration costs are invoiced and collected.
11. Process applications for changeovers of tenancies and assignments to leases in accordance with policies and procedures. Follow the process for stair casing applications and assess residents in hardship for reverse stair casing ensuring responses are to timescale.
12. Negotiate with lenders in possession regarding discretionary buyback, including preparing reports and making recommendations to the Home Ownership Manager.
13. Liaise with managing agents and freeholders on matters relating to communal
Background on role:
This fast paced role requires excellent organisation skills, effective diary management and a customer focused approach to deliver an efficient Tenancy Management and Property Management service to our clients. There will be focus on Tenant Arrears and meeting KPI's to ensure management targets are met and that the business complies with the legislative requirements needed for the maintenance, running and upkeep of our properties. You will work in conjunction with key stakeholders and support the Lettings team to deliver an effective and efficient Property Management service with a focus on minimising Voids.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a can do attitude, an ability to be able to make clear decisions and deal positively with challenge. There will be a willingness to be flexible to work outside of office hours on occasions to fulfil the function of the role.
You will need previous experience in Homeownership and Housing, please forward a up to date CV to or call on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job