Creative Support is a national, fast-growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Home Care Support Workers in the Lancaster and Morecambe, Lancashire.
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to work in our Home Care service which provides support to individuals with a learning disability and/or mental health needs. You will have the opportunity to work with the service user group in community settings, as well as offering outreach support in their own homes. Service users’ homes are situated within the areas of Carnforth, Lancaster, Morecambe, Bare and Heysham. Visits vary in length and are from 8:00 AM to 20:00 PM Monday-Sunday. As well as providing direct care and support, you will have the opportunity to act as a Key Worker supporting people to achieve their dreams and ambitions.
Support Worker Duties:
• Provision of personal care to service users,
• Working hours according to a rota, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays,
• Medication administration,
• Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Carrying out general administrative duties and housing management tasks,
• Participating in activities with service users, such as shopping, walking and swimming,
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people with a learning disability and/or mental health needs, you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. It is essential that you are able to work independently on a one-to-one basis using your initiative, and as part of a wider support team. Car drivers are essential for this role and will be paid mileage/travel expenses for travelling between homes.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'