Building supportive, professional relationships with service users helping them to develop as many skills as possible and to achieve their potential for independence.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To ensure that ICS provides and maintains the highest levels of care and service in accordance with the Company's vision, policies and procedures. To work as part of a team providing high quality care and support to service users.
Support Worker Responsibilities
- Assist service users in understanding the importance of personal health & hygiene.
- To ensure the health and safety of the service users is at all times paramount.
- Report immediately to a member of Senior Management any suspicions of any breach of Safe Guarding Protocols, policies or
- Support service users to maintain personal cleanliness, take regular exercise and have a nutritious and balanced diet
- Enable the service user to make appropriate choices in their day-to-day lives.
- Ensure at all times that Service Users are treated with respect and ensure that their privacy and dignity is maintained
- Communicate effectively and always in an age appropriate
- Ensure at all times that confidential information is not divulged to third parties.
- Work in line with the company's Adult Protection and Prevention of Abuse Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy to ensure that people are kept safe at all times
- Where appropriate act as service users' "key worker" in co-coordinating their needs and working with them to achieve agreed goals
- Only if appropriately trained, prompt, administer or assist service users with medication in accordance with Care Plan, detailed instructions and strictly in accordance with Company policies and procedures, checking and recording drugs as well as ensuring their
- To maintain and build good professional working relationships with service users' families, other professionals, agencies and members of the community.
- To assist in implementation of the agreed care plan and to contribute in continual updating of same, as
- To participate in identifying your own personal training needs through the NVQ assessment process, supervision sessions and performance reviews.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities
- Assist in toileting, washing, feeding and dressing
- Participating in household tasks e.g. cooking, cleaning, gardening
- Participate in the preparation and serving of food as part of a nutritional and well-balanced diet whilst adhering to food hygiene
- Accompanying on visits to healthcare professionals when necessary e.g. doctor,
- Accompany service users on holiday where necessary
- Actively involve themselves in the provision of service users' day care and leisure and encourage and assist service users to use local
- Recording details accurately in Care Plans, diaries and cash books of activities and events and passing on relevant information verbally to other staff.
- Must facilitate and support any contact the service user has with their family and friends in the way that helps the service user
Working hours will vary depending on the Service User's needs and you will be expected to work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service, this includes weekends, bank holidays and sleep ins. Carers are expected to arrive on time for all shifts.
This job description is not exhaustive and there may be times you will be required to undertake other duties in order to meet the needs of the service users.
A smart casual appearance is required at all times with sensible footwear. Jewellery must be kept to a safe minimum. Carers are provided with ID cards which are to be carried with them at all times.
- Day Care
- domiciliary care
- support worker
- care assistant
- home care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'