- To be responsible for assisting and enabling service users with personal, practical and social support activities of daily living that may include light domestic assistance.
- Support and encourage service users to regain, maintain or develop daily living skills and the confidence to carry them out independently. This means a working alongside service users rather than a doing for.
- To provide basic advice and information to service users on the range of services available to them or affecting them e.g. leisure, benefits etc.
- Provide assistance with managing continence, helping service users to use the toilet or commode and changing incontinence pads, emptying and changing catheter bags, colostomy bags as part of the enablement program.
- Assist service users to maintain an appropriate diet and fluid intake through advising and directly preparing meals and drinks if appropriate.
- Provide support with medical tasks and the management of prescribed medication.
- Assist the service user in carrying out light general housework, vacuuming, dusting, changing bed linen, keeping kitchen bathroom and living areas clean and tidy.
Internal Contacts: These include –Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Brokerage, day care
External Contacts: This will include – District Nurses, Pharmacists, Third Sector, Private domiciliary care agencies
You need to have experience of all of the above to apply and be successful for this role.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business