We’re looking for a kind, practical person to help someone in the Marlborough, Devizes and Pewsey areas of Wiltshire area as a Home Care Assistant. We want people who want to do care differently.
Our team members get brilliant benefits, like:
- Pay of £8.50 - £9.50 per hour;
- Money-off some high-street brands;
- Travel discounts;
- Refer a friend scheme;
- Employee Assistance Program.
You don’t need experience. We offer full training and lots of support. We aim for compassion lead care. All you need is a willing mind and a driving licence with vehicle access.
Have you worked in care before?
Many carers find themselves on a cold winter’s night, walking up a street they’ve never been on before, and they’ve got fifteen minutes to make sure a vulnerable Older Adult is ok and check they’ve taken their medication according to the care plan. Time that’s eaten into by not knowing which house they’re in. Most people go into care because they want to make a difference- but how can you do that under those conditions?
We are Different.
This is not how we do care. All our carers and clients are introduced beforehand, and they’re matched over similar interests and personality traits. You won’t be some stranger, you’ll be that kind person who also loves reading, or their favourite TV show. We always make sure you have 1-hour minimum visits, meaning you have the time for them, not just their care plan. We want to give you the time and resources you need to make a real difference. That’s why we employ people, not box tickers. There are no fixed shifts here, so we can fit around your other commitments - working part time with us really is flexible.
What does being a Home Care Assistant entail?
No two days are ever going to be the same. It could include anything from:
- Preparing meals and making sure they’re eating healthily;
- Helping them with personal hygiene;
- Being a kind eye for the family and just watching out for any changes in their mental wellbeing;
- Reminding them about appointments or when they need to take their medication;
- Accompanying them out and about, as no one should feel trapped in their own home;
- Helping them record their favourite TV programmes or other odd jobs around the house!
So, if you put empathy first, if you are honest, hardworking, and kind, you could make a brilliant Home Care Assistant. We want to hear from you. All you need to do is click Apply.
- Home Care