Are you looking for full or part-time hours and want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an Older Person in your local community, as their Home Care Assistant & Companion. Your job would be helping them to stay independent in their own home as well continuing to do all the activities they love.
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you? We have full and part-time jobs available in the Abergele, Rhyl, St Asaph, Denbigh, Llandudno, Conwy Llanrwst, Ruthin and Colwyn Bay areas of Conwy & Denbighshire.
It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a number of clients, with the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Benefits & Hours:
- £8.30 - £24.90 per hour, plus competitive mileage allowance;
- Paid travel time;
- Full and part time hours are available between 15-30 hours per week, flexible and fixed contracts (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or above 40 hours per week due to the nature of the work);
- If you have some flexible availability, then this position is ideal for you;
- All our team have every other weekend off and we aim to provide a regular working schedule;
- Corporate/high street discount cards & discounted gym memberships;
- We actively promote from within and would be happy to put our employees through their QCF level 2 & 3 and City & Guilds in Dementia care & End of Life course, as we want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided personally by our Manager (we do not use DVDs);
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to our clients in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care which may include washing and dressing.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity we want to hear from you. Becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful job, you will be gaining a friend too!
- Home Care
- Home Visits
- Social Care
- Older Adults
- Care Assistants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job