Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion? Are you a car driver and interested in part time hours in the Sutton area of Surrey?
Due to client locations, it is desirable that you live within the Sutton borough itself.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and building relationships with individuals in their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. There are several ways you can help and encourage someone to do this including:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Assisting with washing and dressing.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups.
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments.
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company.
Being a Home Care Assistant & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be bringing joy to an individual’s life!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full time or just school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a few of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job.
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.50 - £14.00.
- Competitive mileage allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression.
What skills do you need to be a Home Care Assistant & Companion?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be committed to building a long-term relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with.
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair.
It is essential that you have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine, once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.