Home based Team Leader and Experienced Sage / Xero Bookkeeper
Location: Home Based, within Gloucestershire - Must be able to commute within this area
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time
This is a great opportunity to work flexibly and from home with my client - they are the market leading outsourced Bookkeeping with Management Accounts company that was started in 1994 and continues to expand strongly.
They work closely as a team of 60 staff. The successful candidate will have huge scope for developing their knowledge and skill with both Sage and Xero as all work is thoroughly checked by one of our seven qualified accountants.
You will be working from home via our Cloud server and you may also have some onsite clients. As one of six Team Leaders you will be responsible for guiding and checking a team of bookkeepers, sometimes onsite.
You will be visiting clients within Gloucestershire - You must be able to commute within this area!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and working as part of the bookkeeping team
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed
- Book-keeping on Sage & Xero
- Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with clients and colleagues
- Setting up new clients before the handover to the bookkeeper, reporting progress to the qualified accountants, highlighting all key issues
- Advanced reporting in Excel, setting up for new clients, update and roll over as needed
- Managing book-keepers in all aspects of their role and conducting their annual reviews
- Attending and presenting at client meetings and internal meetings as required
- Advanced IT knowledge, including Excel
- Sage Line 50 - a minimum of 5 years in a working environment
- Xero - initial skills are not necessary, assuming the Sage experience above
- Proficient use of email, calendar and the internet
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and company managers
- Diplomatic, discreet, polite and patient
- Punctual, reliable, and attentive to support a busy team
- You will need to be self-motivated, professional and adaptable as you will be expected to work independently from home, as well as part of a team
- Good organisational and communication skills are a must
- You will need to have your own PC with a printer and a good broadband connection
- An unparalleled skill and knowledge learning environment
- Working from home and onsite
- No rush hour travel
- Flexible working hours
- Work with the very best BAR - BookCheck Advanced Reporting
- A quality system underpinned by our ISO9001 Quality Management Systems accreditation
- A competitive rate of pay
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Join in with company socials which are arranged on a regular basis
Quotes from current Team Leaders:
"Challenging position requiring attention to detail, methodical approach to problem solving and ability to work on own initiative."
"You will be managing a team of bookkeepers ensuring timely quality of output and training as required."
"You will need to be confident, able to work with personnel at all levels, and pro-active with both personnel and problem solving."
"You will be well supported by colleagues and have flexibility in your working hours."
"Great variety of work / clients & BC staff."
"No two working weeks are the same."
"Supportive work environment - usually somebody somewhere can help, from a bk / technical issue to a staff issue, other staff happy to advise if needed & not their client."
"Balance of working at home / onsite varies, depending on current client work."
"Very satisfying to get a new client into shape, working through their nuances to achieve a tidy month end checklist for the Accountant to review, it sometimes takes a few month ends to achieve this."
"Regular, more complicated work on clients each month, where this is required, is great to do."
"BC Procedures and articles are great point of reference."
"Everyone following the same Xero / Sage ME checklist, it makes it easier to handover work to staff."
We thank all applicants but due to the high expected response, we will only reply to individuals who match our requirements.
If you have the skills and experience we require for this ro
- Sage Accounts