DYNAMIC AND EXPANDING COMPANY REQUIRES FIELD TESTING ENGINEERS
MAINLY HOME BASED
BASIC SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
REGIONS REQUIRED: Birmingham, Bristol, Heathrow, M62 corridor Liverpool-Manchester-Leeds, Oxford
My client is looking for FIELD TESTING ENGINEERS ideally with similar experience and/or in a customer facing environment. All training will be given.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm (or to fit as required around an expected 45 hour gross week on the road at site, company offices based in Royston, Herts, or home as is needed)
Your role will involve working closely with both the Internal Sales Team, External Field Engineer Team and Managing Director to ensure smooth business operations on a day-to-day basis and to act as a first point of contact for all Accounts and HR activities. You will be primarily home based so close proximity to one of the required regions is essential.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, working in a professional yet relaxed environment based in our head office in North Hertfordshire in beautiful countryside surroundings.
Core Activities- site work/on road 70%
As a 'field based’ site test engineer you will need complete (but not be limited just to) the following daily activities for the business within your role:
• Drive to arranged locations to conduct a range of tests to check the plot is compliant with building regulations part E, F and L using specialist provided company equipment and vehicle.
• Conduct pre-site check and ensure that test sites comply with all relevant testing guidelines.
• Fault detection in the event of failed tests.
• Explanation of test failures/problems to the site team.
• Calculate building sizes from drawings or from on site measurements.
• Conducting a consultancy service when required.
• Conduct on site surveys of buildings at an early stage of build to highlight potential problems then working with the site team to find solutions that will aid a successful test in sign off condition.
• Liaising with site management.
• Presenting findings to clients and resolving on site objections and issues.
• Maintaining a professional relationship with all clients and encouraging organic growth of their business.
• Actively seeking new business opportunities and then pass on the information to the sales team.
• Carrying our both weekly and daily checks to the vehicle and equipment to ensure that everything is fully operational and in good working order.
Administration Activities 30%
• Recording measurements taken from a test with a solid paper trail as well as using specialist software.
• Writing reports on failed tests/plots highlighting problems and offering solutions.
• Reporting all or any faults, repairs or problems direct to the line manager.
• Preparing all the necessary reports for the line manager and/or site team.
• Uploading information gathered to the company on-line systems (Salesforce) on a day-to-day basis.
This section details the essential knowledge, skills and experience we require for the role.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum - Five GCSE or equivalent at pass grade, including mathematics and a science.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience within a customer facing service industry.
• Excellent accounting software skills
• Computer literate with MS Office Skills, especially Word & Excel
Interpersonal & communication skills:
• Able to be a team player, highly organised, motivated and self-disciplined.
• Ideally employed in a similar role or customer facing service industry.
• Full driving licence, with less than six points from standard offences.
Excellent ongoing training and career progression for the successful candidate.
INTERESTED? DON'T DELAY IN APPLYING NOW!
Prima Ardelle Associates are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within the Code of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 only suitable candidates are contacted.
- Test Equipment
- Test Procedures
- Site Inspections
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job