A manager is required to run a holiday club in Plymouth in a prestigious location caring up to 26 children. The club will be run from a purpose built room and includes use of other purpose built rooms including children's playground, children's kitchen and a sports hall. Along with running the club, you will be expected to assist the Owner with the set-up, promotional events and attend any required training.
The holiday club runs over all the main school holidays, excluding Christmas. There will also be the occasional inset day. The working hours fluctuate slightly, but will likely be between 7 and 10 hours per day.
- qualified to at least level 3 in a relevant childcare related qualification
- knowledge of the EYFS and statutory framework
- supervisory experience
- Daily management of the setting in accordance with the requirements of company policy, OFSTED and any other relevant legislation.
- To be familiar with and act according to, Safeguarding Guidelines as set down by the local safeguarding board or Social Services.
- Deliver and uphold the Tinies Vision and Mission on an ongoing basis.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management for all staff.
- Responsibility for all Health and Safety issues ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy is complied with at all times. To escalate any health and safety issues to the Manager.
- Ensure the safety, security and well-being of all children attending the setting.
- Ensure that required standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times.
- Ensure effective communication systems are set and maintained within the site and attend management meetings as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of children's attendance ensuring children's registration is complete and updated as necessary.
- Maintain records in line with the EYFS and Ofsted
- Ensure that an effective complaints escalation process is implemented and maintained.
- Investigating complaints/issues and queries, and attempting to resolve difficulties wherever possible, liaising with the manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is sent to Owner in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that any food served is monitored and we conform to Food Safety regulations and any particular children's allergies
- Plan a weekly timetables using resources available. Ensure timetable is sent to Owner within required deadlines
- Ensure that a planned programme of activities for the children is taking place, if necessary following the EYFS framework.
- Effectively induct all new staff (including bank and agency staff) ensuring that continuity of care and consistent quality standards are maintained.
- Have regular staff meetings with the team to feedback on site performance and highlight any issues/concerns that need to be addressed.
- In liaison with the Owner deal with grievances or disciplinary matters in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety and security within the setting.
- Establish appropriate emergency procedures with regard to company policy.
- Undertake and maintain records of regular risk assessments.
- Handle cash and card payments from parents, recording payments received and locking away cash
- effectively communicate with the on-site Holiday Club Co-ordinator and other staff
- care of company property including Holiday Club mobile, camera and laptop
Additional work is available outside of holiday club weeks working as temporary Nursery supply. This optional
- Early Development