HLTA - Intervention Lead (Level 4)
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: £11.26 - £12.25 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week, 39 weeks term time
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Aurora Woodlands School is an independent Day School in Darwen, Lancashire providing specialist education for boys aged 10-19, who have a range of needs associated with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
The purpose of the Intervention Lead is to assist in leading and managing the provision of special educational needs learning support tailored to an individual student or groups need. To support/enable other teaching assistants to deliver effective interventions. To support high quality teaching, effective use of resources, and high standards of learning and achievement for all students. This role will be accountable to the SENDCo and the wider SLT team.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Establish a positive relationship with pupils in order to support them in feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn and promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
- To support the SENDCo in managing the implementation of an inclusive curriculum Within the context of the School’s aims and policies
- To support the SENDCo in managing and maintaining provision maps and IPPs
- To work with the SENDCo to develop and implement intervention group and 1-1 support.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with SEND relevant to provision/needs of cohort.
- Level 4 qualification.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to learning support
- Knowledge and background understanding of assessment tools
- Experience working within a special educational setting
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural, inclusive setting
- The ability to work within the parameters of the psychical demands of the role.
A full job description is available upon request.
Please contact or For more information on this position
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check as well as demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'