Teacher of History and Politics
Secondary school graded Outstanding by
Fast track to interview
No filling application forms!
Prospero Teaching is working alongside a secondary school in Barnet who are seeking a qualified teacher of History and Politics. Someone who holds QTS, is a dedicated teacher and is a passionate educator.
The school based in Barnet and educates students between the ages of 11-18 year-olds, and has been graded by Ofsted as Outstanding. The school offer high quality teaching and support, and expect all their students to achieve very highly.
History and Politics taught at the school is a vibrant experience for students who enjoy a dynamic and enrich curriculum and is a popular choice for students at GCSE and A’level in the future.
Experience of teaching A level would be desirable but not essential. The Head of the department is a fantastic leader, someone who supports, leads by example and is seeking a committed team member and someone they can build and develop in the department.
The ideal teacher of History and Politics will have strong knowledge of the National Curriculum, confidence and the ability to work well in a team.
The History and Politics department is well resourced, supportive and have a strong team ethos. The department hold a meeting once every fortnight and support and guidance is given. If you are an NQT interested in securing a role within this secondary school they can support your induction year. The senior leadership team and NQT Coordinator at the school commit to making you an excellent practitioner if you are yet to finish your NQT year.
To be considered you will have:
• The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
• A passion for History and Politics and the ability to share this with young people
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Excellent organisational and ICT skills
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
• You are a fully qualified teacher of History and Politics (PGCE, QTS, B'ED etc).
• You can provide 2 teaching references within the last 2 years.
• You hold the right to work in the UK.
• You have a DBS or are willing to complete one.
• You have passion for Education.
• You have a provable track record of teaching History and Politics at Key stages 3 - 5
• An innovator with drive and determination
If interested in this position please e-mail your CV to Prospero teaching or call Laura direct in the office
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted
We are looking for NQTs right through to very experienced teachers. Prospero Teaching recruit teachers for supply, long term teaching or permanent teaching jobs, for schools across the UK. If you are interested in working as a nursery nurse, classroom assistant, primary teacher, secondary teacher, teaching assistant, SENCO, school support staff, SEN Teacher, NQT'S, contact Prospero Teaching today to register.
Prospero Teaching, have teaching positions across, North London, West London, East London, South East London, South West London, West midlands and all Home Counties including, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Kent