In a joint venture Mott MacDonald are responsible for the Area 10 ASC which covers 500km of motorway and trunk route carriageway including 2500 structures throughout Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside and southern parts of Lancashire. Our aim to ensure motorways and major 'A' roads are maintained to high standards while delivering substantial savings to help the Highways England meet its contribution to reducing the budget deficit.
In this role you will aid in the delivery of small works schemes, drawings and electronic designs to the required technical standards and within the required timescale and budget.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Delivers drawings, schedules, GIS and other electronic designs to deliver the outcomes agreed by the network board to the programmes and budgets agreed with the programme team.
- Agree the briefs, programmes and budgets with the highways design team leader/PDS team lead
- Prepare drawings and ensure they meet the briefs set by the highways design team leader/PDS team lead
- Develop highways small works schemes under minimal supervision
- Ensure drawings are appropriate and meet the expected levels of technical excellence
- To seek innovation in the delivery of CAD and drawings
- To ensure the IMS system and CAD manual are actively applied
- Facilitate the performance and improvement manager in achieving targets and business improvement
- Be adaptable and work positively with the team through change
- Candidate Specification
For this role you have a combination of the following skills and abilities:
- HNC in Civil engineering or appropriate qualification
- You may be working towards Incorporated Engineer status
- Approachable 'team player'
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Comprehensive experience (preferably within HA Area maintenance)
- Highways related CAD including AutoCAD, MX, GIS (AutoCAD Map 5, Mapinfo, Arc View or similar),MS Access etc
- Managing workload to meet deadlines
- Able to deliver to demanding targets
Full driving licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job