Highways Operative without HGV
Role: Labourer working on the highways, kerbing etc.
Requirements: CSCS Card
Certifications : Health and Safety
* Willing to work in all weathers and unsociable hours as required and be available for out of hours emergency call outs
* UK driving licence
* Good numeracy and literacy skills
Preferred but not essential
* Previous experience of work on the highway
* Experience/Certificated for operating small plant
* Traffic Management qualification
* Clean driving licence
* LGV/HGV Driving licence
* Experience on Gully Pumps
* Team player
* Self motivated
* Practical ability
* A confident and professional manner
* Flexible with ability to undertake night work as required
* Good communication skills
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* To promote health and safety culture and be responsible for undertaking works in a safe and compliant manner
* To be responsible for undertaking programmed maintenance works as directed by the Agent
* To assist in the improvement and maintenance of the network asset
* To undertake emergency call out as directed
* To work as part of operations crew undertaking various labouring duties including excavation works, laying and levelling of kerbs, slabs and bitumen macadam, drainage and gully installations
* To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of own and other persons and to comply with all local and statutory Health & Safety procedures
* To operate small plant and equipment used in highway maintenance with guidance and the appropriate certificates.
* To install traffic management under instruction in accordance with method statements
* To ensure that work undertaken is in line with company standards
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"