Role Title: Highways Maintenance Operative
Reporting to: Ganger / Supervisor
Location: Dunstable Depot
Role Purpose: Your will undertake all aspects of highways maintenance works including kerb laying, vehicle crossover construction, asphalt patching and sign installation for example but also will be involved in the winter maintenance service, incident and emergency response and general maintenance duties.
• Working as part of a gang to deliver highway maintenance and construction activities.
• Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect members of the public.
• Drive / operate vehicles / plant requiring both general and specialist skills.
• To keep records and to complete necessary paperwork.
• Undertake out of hours emergency call out and standby.
• Delivery of Winter Service, including out of hours.
• Maintain high technical standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Highways maintenance experience
• Self-motivated and reliable.
• Practical skills.
• Team player.
• Problem solving skills.
• Pro-active in terms of delivering solutions.
• Good communication skills.
• Full UK driving licence preferably with LGV Class C minimum 7.5 tonne.
• Streetworks qualification.
• HGV licence.
• Winter Service ticket.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business