Excellent opportunity for a Highways Inspector to join a respected Civil and Structural engineering company on a permanent basis in London. Our client delivers expert highways and road network solutions to a number of local authorities and county councils around the UK. Because of company growth and an increasing workload, they are seeking an Experienced Highways Inspector to join their team.
The selected candidate will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Reporting on Safety and Service Inspections across the project network
- Performing walked and driven highway inspections
- Certifying inspection processes and procedures are being adhered to
- Identifying and reporting network intelligence to ensure consistent and continuous improvements are instigated across the network
- Recording and uploading inspection and video survey files to the asset management systems
- Promoting a safe working environment at all times and keeping up to date with Risk Assessments for all Highway Inspections
- Perform ridden inspections across the project road network, undertaken by bicycle equipped with measuring/recording equipment to identify and report issues specific to cyclists
- Identifying issues of concern to residents and stakeholders in each inspection area
- Performing License Enforcement and Third Party Supervision
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Full UK Driving License
- Ability to attain necessary certifications including Highway Safety Inspection Training and Assessment Programme City and Guilds 6033 and Level 3 Bikeability
- Previous experience working within a similar role
- Experience using relevant software and IT applications
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills, and a high attention to detail
- Good problem solving abilities
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please call Emily Parvin on or send your CV to Emily.Parvin @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13922EXP. You can also apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job