Excellent opportunity for an experienced Highways Inspector to join a leading highways service provider on an initial 3 month contract basis (with the chance to then go permanent if desired) in London. Our client provides road network management solutions to local governments across the UK. Due to a large client base and increasing workload, they are looking for an enthusiastic Highways Inspector to join their team.
As the successful candidate, you will have a number of roles and responsibilities, including:
- Performing and reporting Safety and Service Inspections as set out in the Inspection Schedule
- Performing walked and driven highway inspections
- Identifying Better Streets issues for prioritisation
- Ensuring inspection processes and procedures are being followed
- Promoting a safe working environment at all times
- Managing and updating databases and other digitised data
- Providing support and evidence for insurance claim defence
- Liaising with a variety of company stakeholders
- Performing License Enforcement alongside Third Party Supervision
- Delivering business plan objectives
The essential skills, experience and attributes for this role include:
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong IT skills, with the ability to adapt to a variety of software and hardware
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation
- Previous experience working in a highway maintenance and/or with an asset management system would be ideal
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Emily Parvin on or email Emily.Parvin @ Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13987EXP. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.