£30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
Due to an increase in secured workload, there is a need for a Highway Engineer within the discipline to take an important role in the delivery of ongoing Highway Engineering and multi-discipline projects forour growing list of clients. The role will include the responsibility of project delivery including design development and the management of quality output for a wide variety of highway engineering schemes. The position will be within the Design Consultancy business of Engineering Services reporting directly to the Infrastructure Team Leader. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and suitably qualified professional to continue the development of our successful Infrastructure Team through maximising the opportunities of the partnership and further developing our existing client base.
This role will be based in our offices in North Tyneside with travel to other local Capita offices or Client offices as required.
The successful candiate will be required to:
- Take a lead role in the delivery of Highway Engineering projects ensuring quality and timely delivery are at the forefront.
- Ensure successful technical delivery of projects is met.
- Assist in the development of links with other areas of the Capita business to maximise Engineering opportunities.
- Engage with internal Capita staff to develop and maintain relationships in similar fields and across other services.
- Be vigilant in ensuring that financial outcomes are achieved or exceeded for those projects managed by the Team Leader through sound business and financial management.
- Take a proactive approach to the reporting and mitigation of matters which present a risk to the achievement of successful delivery of projects.
- Assist in the development and coaching of junior staff within the team to achieve high levels of performance;
- Ensure all projects/services are delivered in accordance with Capita's BMS system
In addition, the post-holder will be expected to undertake other reasonable duties, as required by the business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the criteria listed below:
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of current Highway Engineering technical and legal requirements and practices.
- Be competent in the development of highway engineering schemes including alignment design in accordance with MCHW.
- Be competent in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D for the development of schemes.
- The ability to maintain excellent working relationships with existing Clients and deliver quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business.
- The ability to maintain and develop excellent working relationships with peers in the Design Consultancy.
- A proactive approach to the delivery of Highway Engineering projects.
- Be proficient in a wide range of IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Experience of drainage design.
- Business development experience and use this to support the Infrastructure Team Leader and Design Business Manager with proactive support on bidding and business development in relation to Highway Engineering work.
- The ability to demonstrate sound financial understanding of project delivery.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or be working toward a degree in relevant discipline.
- Commitment to work towards professional qualifications in a recognised field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Have an outgoing, confident and friendly manner.
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable. Typically 25 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
- Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.