- To perform and report adult Echocardiograms where appropriate for review with Consultants.
- To assist Cardiac Consultants / Fellows in Trans-Oesophageal Echocardiograms.
- To participate in Specialist physiology led clinics
- To work both independently and in conjunction with Senior Echocardiographers to ensure that the Echocardiography services are provided in the most efficient and effective way.
- To critically review working practices in the department and keep abreast of new developments in technology and trends in Echocardiography.
- To participate in the Saturday Echocardiography Rota
Communication and Working Relationship Skills
- To have necessary interpersonal skills to manage patient/relative contacts where there may be hostility (e.g. anxious, confused or aggressive patient) or poor understanding (e.g. language, impaired vision or hearing).
- Communicates test procedures to reassure patients of all ages who may have learning or physical disabilities, sometimes requiring persuasion.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with patients, relatives and members of the team.
- To keep colleagues informed of occurrences that may impact on service delivery.
- To verbally report complex results to colleagues at all levels where appropriate.
Analytical and Judgemental Skills
- To inform a clinical diagnosis: interprets results and provide a factual report within Echocardiography taking appropriate action to expedite patient care.
- To use clinical judgement to triage diagnostic request forms in order to prioritise patients / reject inappropriate referrals.
- To investigate and resolve any relevant service complaints / concerns raised by patients and colleagues.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'