Role: Senior / Higher Senior Java Developer
Contract type: Permanent
Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Higher Senior & Senior Java Developer, to join a well-established software company based in Coventry.
About the company:
Our client is headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to get involved with all parts of a full software development lifecycle to craft a product that you will be proud to develop and support. The division that you will join deals with products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What you will be doing:
- Visiting external stakeholders to understand their requirements, demonstrate new ideas and functionality
- Write code to enhance our array of software applications
- Supporting the delivery of multiple development projects from design through to release
- Assist Project Managers with defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones from a development perspective
- Assist with the mitigation of risks and issues ensuring they are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Backlog grooming; supporting iteration planning; resource allocation, critical issue analysis and resolution
- Writing code to enhance our array of software applications
What we expect from you:
Vast commercial experience with Java web programming.
- Practical experience of:
- Java Web Development
- Java Application Frameworks such as Spring or Java EE.
- Pre-processing (e.g. LESS or SCSS).
- Analysing customer requirements and suggesting creative solutions to business problems.
- Successfully and clearly communicating with software stakeholders in face to face meetings.
- Source version control used within a team (ideally with Git).
- Aptitude for managing a development team with mixed backgrounds and skillsets.
- We are always trying to improve the quality of our software. You should have a keen eye for detail and a real passion to follow good practices.
Experience with the following technology and practices:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'