Highly Academic & Highly Regarded Secondary School in the borough of Bromley is recruiting for an enthusiastic, articulate and energetic HLTA in the SEND department. This is a long term (potentially permanent) post to commence in April 2017.
Academically focused secondary school in a beautiful area in Bromley. Students want to learn and are passionate about their education. This school is one of the top 100 non selective schools in the UK. 89% of students achieved A*-C in English and Maths at GCSE and 60% of students achieving A*-B at A Level. This secondary school in Bromley has an excellent SEND department.
Exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) in the school (term time only). They would like to appoint either an experienced Teaching Assistant / LSA / Behaviour Support Assistant / Youth Worker / Cover Supervisor or already a HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant) who has had some managerial experience or ready for the step up into a HLTA post. The successful experienced Teaching Assistant / LSA / Behaviour Support Assistant / Youth Worker / Cover Supervisor or already a HLTA will have SEN experience in a Secondary school. For the right person there is a permanent appointment, however in the first instance this would be a long term post. You will be managing a team of Teaching Assistants (TAs), SEN TAs etc and will be reporting to the Assistant Head in Inclusion. Your experience must be with students at a minimum of KS3 & KS4 as Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) / TA/ Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Support Worker / Cover Supervisor or Youth Worker. This post requires an intelligent, articulate individual who has exceptional organisational skills and is able to build a strong rapport with students through the Key Stages. In the absence of the teacher you would be expected to plan lessons and also manage a small team.
What they are looking for
- Nationally recognised qualification at level 2 and or an NVQ (for this type of post or at least as a TA) OR a degree
- SEN experience is preferable
- Experienced Teaching Assistant / LSA / Behaviour Support Assistant / Youth Worker / Cover Supervisor or already a HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant)
- Secondary School Experience is preferred but not essential
- Good to Outstanding Higher Level teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Some experience managing a team would be beneficial
- Plan and prepare lessons and activities (in the absence of the teacher)
- Someone who can encourage and support students (one to one and small groups)
- Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job