A student studying in a specialist creative school 6th form requires support from a HLTA (Higher Level teaching Assistant) or TA with understanding of/skills in Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia) to work individually with her in class and offer one to one support. She is a very able student who aspires to be either a Forensic Science Specialist or a Set Designer. She worries about her weaker skills and needs a gentle approach and targeted intervention to make good progress and achieve her potential.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will have a clear understanding of the needs of a young person with Dyslexia and a desire to have a positive and lasting impact on the young people you support.
- Creative school for the culture industry
- Elstree, Barnet
- Flexible working arrangements can be discussed
- £120 - £130 per day
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working in a school setting.
- A number of strategies to use with Dyslexic students.
- An ability to make a good rapport with an anxious student
- Great communication skills.
- An ability to adapt and think on their feet.
- Some experience, training or qualifications in Dyslexia or Literacy support
Extra benefits with ASEND:
- Training opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge in the fields of dyslexia and SEND
- Access to and support from our team of SEN Specialists.
As part of the ASEND team you will be joining an exciting and experienced team of specialists who have a strong dedication to SEN in all areas.
ASEND is a highly specialist SEND business, placing dedicated SEND professionals in schools and services throughout the UK.
We were established in 2011 with the aim of supplying the education sector with the expert SEND staff it needs, and have since had success placing professionals into schools, colleges and services all over the country. We work exclusively in the field of SEND and are proud to say that our Directors all have a unique understanding of SEND recruitment through their extensive experience as teachers and leaders in the field.
We provide candidates with a unique range of training and support - when you work through ASEND you are part of our team and have our expertise and experience to support you and further your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'