PK Education are working closely with a slightly challenging school in Newcastle who require a short and long term HLTA’s (higher level teaching assistant) The school is situated in a central location with excellent transport links as well as having onsite parking available
Your role will be to cover a maternity leading to a possible permanent role to provide a higher level in supporting learning and teaching, working alongside the class teacher on occasions and making a significant contribution to the life of the school, you will support right across the curriculum and act as a specialist assistant for your subject specialism. On occasions you may be required to assist in delivering lessons already planned by the class teacher. Strong behavior management would be essential for this role. Applications are strongly welcomed from those of you with primary experience who hold a childhood Studies degree or something similar.
This is an excellent opportunity that does not come up to often with a challenging but supporting school with a real drive to make a difference.
The successful candidate must hold a teaching assistant level 6 qualification or equivalent or higher and be available immediately.
An experience of working with KS2 would be advantageous.
The position offers a great opportunity for an NQT to understand the inner workings of various year groups within a primary school setting.
As well as applying for this genuine opportunity, PK education:
- Gain access to vacancies that are not advertised
- Have fantastic relationships with schools across the region.
- Listen to your specific requirements and work tirelessly to find you a role that matches your specific criteria.
- Pay our candidates fairly for the work they complete, ensuring that we pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR).
- Are experienced recruiters, with a solid understanding of the education sector.
- Understand the value of good candidates to our business and will work around your needs and not vice versa.
- Offer a competitive recommend a friend referral scheme.
- Fully comprehensive CV dating back to secondary education with all gaps in employment or study detailed.
- References will be taken prior to interview.
- If you do not have a DBS certificate that is registered with the DBS Update Service, a new DBS check will need to be made (full assistance will be provided)
- PK education is committed to safeguarding and we work in line with the Safer Recruitment process.
- PK education is also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
Follow us on Twitter for more local jobs and school related news @Pkeducation_NE and 'like' us on Facebook at PKeducation1.