Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) - Coventry -ASAP Start
Academics are currently supporting a growing and passionate Secondary School in Coventry with their search for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA). The Secondary Schools support children aged 11 - 18 years old, supporting education from KS3 through to KS5. With a supportive management network, this is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to develop their career.
As a HLTA you will be helping the class teacher motivate and support the development of children, making this an incredibly rewarding role. As part of this role there will also be the opportunity to work as a Cover Supervisor, meaning you will have a great opportunity in a varied role. The Teaching Assistant hired will need to act on their own initiative as well as be willing to follow instruction.
If you have a particular subject specialism, you will be able to work closely along side this subject, allowing you the opportunity to support and enhance the knowledge of students in an area you are passionate about. Experience with students who have SEND would be beneficial, though is not essential.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have experience working within UK Schools, preferably Secondary School
- HLTA Qualification (Desirable)
- Degree Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 3 Qualification (Essential)
- Experience of working with children (Essential)
- Ability to build good relationships with children, teachers and parents (Essential)
- A caring and understanding nature
- The ability to cope with challenging behaviour
What you will gain:
- Permanent opportunity
- Competitive rate of pay
- Actively enhance the education of students
- The chance to gain diverse experience
If you would like to hear more about this Higher Level Teaching Assistant position, please call Abi at Academics on or email