An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Pharmacist to work on the Surgical Admissions Lounge and within the surgical division. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to work as part of the pharmacy team, providing clinical input to the trusts surgical division.
Key duties will include:
Act as a specialist practitioner and role model to the Surgical Admissions Lounge, managing the day to day pharmaceutical care of surgical patients. Prescribe and implement medications to patients prior to or following their surgery.
- Support the Surgical Principal Pharmacist, in the delivery of high quality pharmacy to other surgical wards.
- When required support other surgical areas such as Anaesthetics (e.g.ICU/HDU); Theatres, Paediatrics and Maternity, ENT, Urology, upper GI, Colorectal, Gynaecology & Ophthalmology.
- Developing the role of the pharmacist in the multi-disciplinary team at ward level including participation in ward rounds.
- Providing prescribing advice and support to medical and nursing staff.
- Provide education and training to pharmacists, be a mentor to diploma students and support other healthcare professionals.
- Participation in clinical audit, preparation of policies and procedures and involvement in risk management.
- Homecare and Biosimilar switch initiatives within division
- Recruit, manage and appraise other members of the Surgical Pharmacy Team.
You will be a qualified prescriber with significant experience of surgical provision, you must have good communication, organisational and analytical skills, be a team player and will work closely with a wide range of health care professionals including medicines management technicians, rotational pharmacists and an advanced clinical pharmacist, as well as the wider MDT. You should have completed a diploma in clinical pharmacy or have equivalent experience and be a qualified prescriber. Candidates will be required to present certificates for their qualifications at interview stage.
We are currently involved in a Staff Engagement project to improve the way we work and are reviewing our in house training, aligning our CPD, appraisals and personal development plan to a nationally recognized competency framework.
The department is fully modernised and has ARX robot, EMIS software and has successfully implemented All scripts Electronic Prescribing in the last 4 years.
Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust is situated closely to the major conurbation of Manchester & Liverpool and is accessible from M6 & M61 which run close by. Wigan is also well served by rail and bus.
Candidate will participate in the 7 day pharmacy service. This includes on call service and on a rota basis includes working at weekends, public holidays and evening services.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name - Rachel Ball
Job title - Associate Director Pharmacy, Clinical Services
Email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'