A DAF Truck Dealership in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire are HIRING NOW for HGV Technicians!
Do you have:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair)?
- Previous workshop experience?
If you can answer YES, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our friendly team!What Will You Be Doing?
As HGV Technician, You will spend most of your time in our Workshop maintaining vehicles to the high standards, conducting service, adjustments and vehicle repairs or components in safe and proper way, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
We are located on Fulwood Road South, just off the A38, 3 miles outside the town of Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. Our workshop operates 24 hours and hosts an extended hours parts desk to ensure Customer vehicles are off the road for the shortest time possible.
We are looking for our new HGV Technician team member to be someone who is happy to help others sharing their wide range of product knowledge and service solutions to meet any customer commercial vehicle needs.
The successful HGV Technician candidate will be required to have:
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 in Vehicle Repair) with a proven track record in vehicle repair and servicing
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures
- A full valid UK driving license
Experience of operating technical vehicle repair software is a distinct advantage in this role.What’s In It For You?
When you join us, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
- Life Assurance
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team through our People Partnership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'