Job Title: HGV Technician
Location: Heywood, Greater Manchester
Hours: Mon-Fri, 0800-1600 & 1400-2200 rotating weekly
Salary: Basic salary starting from £25,000, potential to earn in excess of £40,000 (inclusive of overtime, on call duties and bonuses)
Igloo are currently looking for several Level 3 HGV Technicians on behalf of a commercial vehicle fleet management company, to add to their existing team due to new business wins.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business renowned for staff engagement. Working in IRTE accredited facilities ensuring best practice compliance.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
Your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard.
- Diagnosing and rectifying all types of faults.
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses.
- 24 hour on call service (once every 7 weeks). Which will involve additional pay.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds Level 3 or NVQ qualified technician)
- Driving licence
Perks of the job
- Monthly MOT bonus
- Annual tool allowance
- FREE medicals
- FREE HGV licence training
- 10-15 hours overtime available weekly.
If you would like to be considered for this position, click on “Apply now” or call Chris on – option 3 to discuss further.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job