Various Shifts Available
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, to discuss work to be performed and identify future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
Repairing and Maintaining Vehicles & Equipment— Service, repair adjust and test vehicles, to ensure safety and optimum performance.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge— Keeping up-to-date technically and applying knowledge to your job.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material— Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Interacting With Computers— Using computers and computer systems to enter data, or process information.
Repairing and Maintaining Equipment— Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, and testing.
Education apprenticeship scheme with on-the-job experience, or recognised training programme within a commercial dealership.
Related Experience- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job