Salary: £28'000 to £32'000 per annum + Overtime
Contract: Full Time & Permanent
The client is a multi award winning business with depots covering the United Kingdom and Europe. This brand truly inspires loyalty from its customers and has no piers. The HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of a fleet and customer vehicles.
As an HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures within a team. The successful HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will be invited to join the company training programme which incorporates on the job training and a modular training schedule.
HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all HGV vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate persons.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure your workload is completed to the required standard
- Communicate HGV vehicle status with customers when required.
- Remain up to date with the latest HGV vehicle technology and changes by attending Company training programmes.
HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic experience required:
- Fully skilled HGV technician, through a recognised formal training programme (City & Guilds/NVQ) to Level 3.
- Driving licence essential, LGV preferred but not essential
- Post qualification hgv workshop experience in heavy goods vehicle repairs and maintenance are absolutely essential.
The hours of work for the HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic are Monday to Friday 06:00 to 15:00 and 15:00 to 00:00 on a rotating basis with 1 in 2 Saturday mornings.
The successful HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic can expect to earn £28'000 to £32'000 per annum + Overtime
If you a HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic and are interested please contact John at Kemp Recruitment on or send your most up to date CV via this advert.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job