Salary: £28'000 to £32'000 per annum + Overtime
Contract: Full Time & Permanent
The client is a multi award winning business with depots covering the United Kingdom and Europe. This brand truly inspires loyalty from its customers and has no piers. The HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of a fleet and customer vehicles.
As an HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures within a team. The successful HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will be invited to join the company training programme which incorporates on the job training and a modular training schedule.
HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all HGV vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate persons.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure your workload is completed to the required standard
- Communicate HGV vehicle status with customers when required.
- Remain up to date with the latest HGV vehicle technology and changes by attending Company training programmes.
HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic experience required:
- Fully skilled HGV technician, through a recognised formal training programme (City & Guilds/NVQ) to Level 3.
- Driving licence essential, LGV preferred but not essential
- Post qualification hgv workshop experience in heavy goods vehicle repairs and maintenance are absolutely essential.
The hours of work for the HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic are Monday to Friday 06:00 to 15:00 and 15:00 to 00:00 on a rotating basis with 1 in 2 Saturday mornings.
The successful HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic can expect to earn £28'000 to £32'000 per annum + Overtime
If you a HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic and are interested please contact John at Kemp Recruitment on or send your most up to date CV via this advert.