Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Automotive HGV Technician / Mechanic Required in Cardiff.
Salary: Up to £28,554 Basic, OTE £30,000 per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: HGV Technician / Mechanic for Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealer - HGV Jobs - Cardiff
Due to business expansion our client, a Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealer in the Cardiff area, is currently looking to hire a skilled HGV Technician / Mechanic for their busy Service Department!
Your key objectives will include:
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will ideally be qualified to Level 3 standard in commercial vehicle maintenance and repair, however, this is non-essential provided you have a strong and stable time served track record as a HGV Technician / Mechanic or have worked in a similar position on coaches and buses. Either a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however is non-essential at this stage.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
* Up to £12 per hour pending experience/HGV driving license (up to £24,960 per annum).
* Departmental bonus scheme averaging at £100-300 per quarter.
* 22 days annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Overtime subject to availability paid at time and a half or double rate.
* Workplace pension and life assurance scheme.
* Full manufacturer approved training.
* Fantastic career development prospects with arguably one of the best commercial vehicle businesses nationwide.
You are required to work an alternate early/late shift system where in your first week you shall work Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) and in the second week 2:00pm-10:00pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch). You shall get paid an extra £13.25 per day you're on late shift. You are also required to work alternate Saturdays 8:00am-12:00pm. All Saturday work and overtime on top of your 40 hour week is paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half whereas any Sunday work is paid at double rate should you choose to do it. You also have the opportunity to opt in to a 24 hour breakdown call scheme with fantastic financial benefits. Further details about this will be discussed upon application.
If you are interested in this HGV Vacancies or any other Automotive Jobs in South Wales then get in contact with Josh Buck at Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.
To apply please send your CV to Josh Buck quoting J69151, HGV Technician, Cardiff.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Continue your job search on Facebook: https://MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on if you wish to discuss this copyright.
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Motor Trade
- Vehicle Repair
- Motor Trade Jobs
- HGV Vehicle Technician
- Main Car Dealerships