HGV Service Driver - Plant Equipment supplier!
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business who currently employ over 200 members of staff across all their sites. The role would suit someone with previous experience as an HGV Service Driver, looking to join an established growing business. There is also the opportunity to benefit from a competitive hourly rate and good employee benefits scheme.
Our client is a UK &Scotlandbased national suppliers and manufacturers of specialised plant and welfare equipment.
Essential requirements: The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role as an HGV Driver and will have:
- Driving experience within a multi drop or multi collection role
- HGV Category C Licence
- DCPC Full 35 hours
- Must be comfortable with frequent nights away from home
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of working in the Plant, Construction or manufacturing industry - desirable
- CSCS card - desirable
This role will involve transporting equipment safely and competently, installing the equipment when delivered. Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- To load and secure all equipment onto your vehicles accordingly to health & safety regulations
- Advising the customer on best positioning, where necessary, ensuring the customer knows how to operate the equipment correctly and that it is working before leaving site
- Delivery and collection paperwork is completed correctly and legibly with signatures, dates, times, plant no’s. Any damage to the equipment must be documented on all paperwork and signed by site contact
- Carry out basic maintenance and safety checks on your vehicles and other ancillary equipment daily, complete defect sheets as required and hand in to the transport office. Ensure that the vehicle & cab is cleaned regularly
- To ensure that you have all necessary paperwork, licences and identification to hand in the event of being required to produce for officials. (e.g. Crane & chain certs etc.)
- To actively promote company products and services to customers when the opportunity arises by handing out product brochures and verbal promotion
- To comply with company health & safety policy and Tachograph legislation.
The company also provides:
- Funded driver medicals
- Cost of HGV parking covered
- In house CPC training and internal development
Salary/Package: £13.50 - £14.50 per hour, depending on experience. Hours of work; Monday to Friday working a 40-hour week, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, discount scheme and employee health cover and birthday vouchers.
This role would suit somebody with previous experience as: HGV Driver, HGV Service Driver or HGV Category C Driver.
Apply now to avoid missing out on this great opportunity!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'