Commercial Consultants the leading Engineering Recruitment agency is seeking a PSV/HGV Electrician within the transport sector to work for one of the UK's leading transportation corporations.
As an HGV/PSV Electrician you will diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to work safely and efficiently to a high standard in a busy engineering workshop.
You will be working 45 hours per week (this will include weekend work) and the salary is £15.00 per hour (£35,000 per year)
* To diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner.
* To carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
* To record individual job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
* To ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
* To ensure all parts are booked out from stores using the correct procedure.
* To adhere to good housekeeping practices including general tidiness in the workshop and the return of all tools and equipment to their designated place.
* To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
* To carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
* Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
* Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
* Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
If you would like to apply for the PSV/HGV Electrician, then please submit your CV, or call us to discuss.
Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency to recruit a PSV/HGV Electrician on a permanent basis.
- auto electrician
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'