Our client, a well-established manufacturer of specialist commercial vehicle conversions, is seeking to recruit an experienced automotive HGV Mechanic to join their team. This role would be suited to an experienced automotive HGV or PCV Mechanic who is highly competent and keen to work within an extremely busy and varied work environment. Salary negotiable depending upon experience.
As HGV Mechanic you will undertake all aspects of mechanical vehicle maintenance ranging from running defects, full servicing, vehicle overhauls, MOT preparation and presentation.
This position is to be based in Droitwich and is easily commutable from Bromsgrove, Kidderminster, Redditch, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
- Carrying out service, repair, maintenance and inspections on a range of state of the art coaches and commercial vehicles.
- Diagnosing faults. Carrying out warranty repairs.
- Visual inspections, adjustment operations and testing. Stripping fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Responsible for the fitting of mechanical / hydraulic components on new and used recovery vehicles.
- Maintain inventory records and Preventive Maintenance Program. Completion of Company and legislative paperwork and keep up to date records of the maintenance programs.
Skills & Attributes
- Fully conversant with vehicle hydraulics, pneumatics & electrics.
- Valid HGV Licence essential.
- Organised and highly motivated.
- Good communication skills.
If you are an experienced HGV Mechanic and are able to plan and organise your own workload whilst also being flexible with regards to working hours then please apply immediately. In return you can expect a competitive salary together with an exciting and varied working environment.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift Temps who are operating as an employment business.