HGV Mobile Mechanic
Venatu Recruitment Group are working in partnership with our client, an award winning, family owned Fleet organisation in recruiting an HGV Mobile Mechanic. You will be expected to cover central and north London. Attending both customers and breakdowns, therefore first-rate customer service skills are a must.
- Phone, Van, PDA/Laptop
- Pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- A minimum of 20 days annual leave
- Overtime opportunity, paid at time & a quarter for hours over 45
- Long service benefits and staff rates for vehicle hire
- Working hours: 8.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday (Saturday overtime)
- Performing preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers and company policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation
- Maintaining an up to date mobile safety pack which should be available on request to demonstrate risk assessments/methodology and general company policies
- Complying with health and safety regulations, ensuring the correct PPE is worn/used throughout the visit
- Operate administration and communication lines with the customer and the customer support team
- A professional manner both at sites and while driving
- Carrying out quarterly inspections on the works van and returning reports to head office as per company policy
- Ensuring all incidents are attended within the agreed timescales and any delays communicated to Customer Support
- A recognised time served training certification within the motor industry or similar engineering back ground
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years working in the industry after apprenticeship completion
- Hold a valid UK category B driving license
- Hold minimum category C license (advantageous not essential)
- Have a good understanding of transport & HSE legislation
- Excellent communication skills and a good standard of written and spoken English
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well under pressure
The successful Mobile Mechanic may be expected to start around 6am or finish at 8pm depending on customer requirements.
Automotive is a specialist division here at Venatu Recruitment Group, we focus on the recruitment of talent across the UK. If you're an experienced HGV Technician, please contact us for further details on the role.
- Technician / Mechanic / HGV / Mobile
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'