Salary c£42,000 per annum
We are searching for a HGV Technician as our client is expanding their Depot based in East Leeds (Sherburn-In-Elmet) which is located close to the A1 M. They’re looking for a qualified and experienced Mechanic to join their existing team. We are very much looking for a team player to fill this role, someone who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines.
You must have previous HGV technical experience and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
It is essential that you are qualified through City & Guilds/ NVQ or equivalent in Heavy Motor Vehicle Mechanics (Level 3) and possess either a Class 1 or Class 2 License
The company is well established and they are specialists in commercial vehicle rental. Their Business has 6 rental depots, with fully equipped maintenance workshops in the North and South of England. From these depots they operate approximately 2,000 vehicles (of which 900 are above 3.5 tons) throughout the UK.
The role of HGV Mechanic will involve being responsible for carrying out inspection and service routines and repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner; you will be reporting to the Workshop Manager and will be able to investigate and diagnose faults, report findings and be able to carry out all repairs to the current manufacturers standards.
Our client very much prides itself on the standards of service and of all its vehicles. As a HGV Mechanic, you will be responsible for carrying out all repairs to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time.
- Hours of work: 07:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (30 mins un paid break)
- Saturday morning x 4 hours (3 on with 1 off, paid for all 4) 08:00 to 12:00
- 40 hours at £14.02 per hour + all hours above 40 are paid at overtime rate of £21.03 per hour
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, holidays will increase by an additional day, every 2 years of service up to a maximum of 25 days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in Service payout: two times annual salary
- Free parking
- Onsite kitchen facilities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'