HGV Mechanic (Municipal Vehicles)
c£35,000.00 - £45,000.00 per annum DOE
(c£15.00 per hour and c£22.50 per hour for anything above 40 hours)
Our client is a heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer who have been established for over 60 years. Due to their engineering expertise they are able to offer a comprehensive range of vehicles designed to meet their client’s requirements; this couple with their outstanding customer service means they are a market leader. They are not your average hire company as they also offer sales, contract maintenance and parts as well as the design and manufacture for their customers, and due to their ever growing fleet can supply across numerous industries.
We’re looking for an experienced HGV Mechanic to join their existing team who will work on municipal vehicles including gritters and recycle and refuse collection vehicles. We are looking for a team player to fill this role.
If you have meticulous attention to detail, are enthusiastic and passionate about the providing the highest level of workmanship then this is the right role for you.
You must have previous HGV technical experience and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
Qualified through City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent in Heavy Motor Vehicle Mechanics (Level 3) would be considered an advantage, however qualified by experience/time-served mechanics will be taken into account, additionally, possessing either a Class 1 or Class 2 License would be deemed a benefit
- Carrying out inspections, servicing, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner
- Investigating and diagnosing faults and reporting your findings
- Completing inspection sheets
- Liaising with the Parts Department to ensure the correct parts are ordered
- Restoring the fleet of vehicles back to their original state once back from hire, this will include replacing all parts such as bumper corners, steering wheels, seats etc
- Carrying out all repairs to the current manufacturers’ standards
- Hours of work: 44 hours per week as standard Monday to Friday
o Start times between 06:00 and 09:00 and finish times between 15:30 and 17:30
- c£15.00 per hour, 40 hours paid at the standard rate per hour + 4 hours paid at overtime rate of time and a half c£22.50 = c£35,880.00 per annum
- Overtime available and paid at time and a half, for example
o 4 hours overtime per week = c£4680.00 per annum
o 8 hours overtime per week = c£9360.00 per annum
- Free parking
- Commercial Vehicle
- HGV Mechanic
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'